Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Me Log: At Sea with the Quiet

27 Days out from Mad Wizard Isle 3 Days out from Fey Port
Well, I am covered with bruises, I've a rent in me new velvet coat and still nay a word from the pyramid with horns. Now d'no get your dander up ol' log o' mine. Murgosis has no hit me or sech like. 'Tisn't his way or manner. He is a gentleman born e'en if he is a bull with more than tech a mule in him. And for those as might imagine it, I nay fell off a spar or nose kissed the yardarm. No, this I done more cunningly still. Hearken.

Yestere'en, I gave Murgosis the idea that I been up to some'at with the new whodo. I had me naught to do with the lad, save that I were quaffin' with he and Dagon, I swears by me Ma's soul. But now me great MooMan had his horns in a bunch. On top o' which I heared that he done gone and spoke to the Cap'n on me behalf. It did no good but it were nice as nice. So I were then and am now more 'n a bit morose for me bein' the hind of horse.

So, on to the matter. I got up this morn and set to runnin' the hands to their duties. The more experienced hands I put to airing the sails and coiling cable. The youngest hands I set to racin' up to the top o' the mainsail and down to the deck again. This last puts the fear of heights from their heads . Whilst , they were about this I set to fencing with young Tander who has a fair hand for cutin' and slashin'. I been settin' to with Tander for a fair lot o' weeks now and it has become habit that we would spar when there were naught else t' be about.
Troth, so used were I to sech that some'at of the time I would lose meself in it. So I was when Murgosis happened to pick up theJolly Boat. I were surprised at this, as I had just scraped and painted the boat and there were naught of any reason I could ponder for him heftin' it. Aye, heftin' like an it were a club for hammerin' at somethin'. At about this moment I noted the new whodo comin' up from the aft hold.

I reckon, at that, I might ha' cried out or som'at. Certes, I should ha' done, as at just that nonce young Tander drove his point home in me side tearin' a great gapin' rent me brand new coat not to mention me hide. Course I dinna want you to think tha' gave me any pain. Oh no, ye see Murgosis had heard me and turnin' o'er quick swatted me fore square with the Jolly Boat.

So there I lay upon me back with me honker a pourin' syrup, me mind all a wobbly buttery and the rest o' me squashed like a pancake. Jest another day quiet day in me wonderous life.

3 comments:

Evil Monkey said...

These are too fucking awesome

librarianrandy said...

This is your pancake story Dave. Glad you like them.

Evil Monkey said...

I might make "Somewhere a lion is missing his smiler, thinks I" my email sig.